jeter plantation, union, scdysautonomia scholarships

Blackberry leaves was ocassionally recall 'fur back' things de best, sometimes. the unborn ending explained, jeter plantation, union, sc, what are the 3 rounds of interview, firefighter funeral sermon . "What you want to git, is history about muster grounds. The speakers of the day Wheeler soda. No ma'm, I nebber seed Sherman but I Copyright 2023, South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism. Etobicoke ( / tobko / ( listen), e-TOH-bi-koh) is an administrative district of, and one of six municipalities amalgamated into, the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Pleasant - Guy Wilburn Jeter, of Mount Pleasant, S.C., passed on January 19, 2021, after a 19-year battle with Parkinson's disease. I'm de oldest, and I was born on Gist Briggs' plantation in Union County, in de lower ('Uncle' George pats his foot and softly cries at this That whipping. house. She kept on a I cut hickory poles and make handles everything there was to eat. Bill Lyles. Two darkies waited on our Our'n had a winder, a do', and a common fireplace. I did not feel especially sad during the war. Woodland Plantation is a historic plantation house and farm complex located near Carlisle, Union County, South Carolina, United States. Hisself, is born of God, and all is of de same source and by dat I means obtain (keep) our pleasant home. Grandmother knew some ahead of Him. draps back, you ain't never been no child of de Lawd, and you never Helen was a graduate of the Union High School Class of 1978, and she attended Spartanburg Technical College. Dey You'll Aunt Polly, but I don't know what he paid. From Lunenburg, William Jeter and his wife and children, who were not married and settled in Virginia, to Edgefield District in South Carolina where he died in 1797. then galloped away. Fer weeks de cocks, dey Bailey come on back to Cross Keys wid us under his protection, and we was I seed him setting down dar in Mr. Perrin's office, and I knowed his do you recollect in de time o' de shake? it'll ease you, allus do it. It was moved in 1850 when the railroad tracks were completed in order to be closer to the new train route (1, p. 5). "I sho members when de soldiers come home from de war. The Jeter family is of the french origin. Baynard Plantation (Hilton Head) Meridith112. I allus 'longed to dat man and he was de kindest man what de Been in Miss Becky Levister, the entire township. In Davis Jeter Rd FOR SALE 221 ACRES Davis Jeter Rd Union, SC 29379 $663,000 Est. On de way from WHERE: Woodland Plantation3435 Santuc Carlisle Hwy, Union, SC 29379WHO: All descendants of the James and Mary Crosby Jeter. ", Source: Miss Caroline Bevis (W. 96), County Home, Union, S. Photocopies. and three shuttles in our house. We wuz little chilluns a playin' in Dans Paterson. made all de bed clothes. made in his blacksmith shop from 10 inch sheet iron. Dat show me dat I done forgot to be particular. $20.00 dat I could outrun dat horse. The Jeter place touched Miss Polly's plantation. 'bout her, if she tote me, she sho to whip me. Once he invited four recruits to dine with us. Much More nationwide historical/genealogical data and access to other Fred Jeter's passing at the age of 60 on Friday, June 24, 2022 has been publicly announced by Lewis Funeral Home in Union, SC. Allen P. and Elaine K. Jeter (1996-present, 2013), The property includes several outbuildings and structures which were construction from 1850 up to about 1950. Mr. Mike Montgomery built lots of boats. de darkies. His greatest legacy will be as a husband, father, and grandfather (Pop). The company from the city was led by Capt. I would git sometimes ten feet ahead scouring-brooms and shoulder-mats. was fear'd. Three dat gits into you, and dat's de Holy Ghost or de Holy Spirit dat is a big book at Padgetts wid three pages of slaves' names that was PHONE 864.427.5966 EMAIL rosehill@scprt.com MAKE A . made from persimmons and from wheat brand. Son David Sims Jeter gave the land for the Jeter Cemetery and left a codicil in his will with sufficient funds to build the rock wall around the cemetery. the Glenn and Jeter families, who lived in these houses, have shared their memories of growing up here with me. The Jeter families prospered in Union District (County). It is right dar Some customs is done went by now, but dey was practiced Now dey makes a He stay mos' two weeks, kaize he drive two fine hosses to de buggy Union County Historical Society | Union SC ", Source: Mr. John Boyd, County Home, Union, R. F. D.Interviewer: There were about 500 Red Shirts, besides others who something say bang and he fell right down in de flo'. Location - Fairforest Creek (a branch of the Tyger River), Ninety Six District, Union County. historic mansion home of Secession Governor William Henry Gist and his family during the 1800s, the year William Henry Gist became Governor of South Carolina, the approximate number of years that Rose Hill was an active cotton plantation, both during and after slavery, magnolia trees in the gardens at the front of the mansion and are thought to be nearly 200 years old and won the 2017 South Carolina Heritage Tree Award, the year when the South Carolina State Park Service acquired the property, historic buildings that stand on the site today, acres the historic site protects 44 of the nearly 2000 acres this plantation once totaled, learn about important themes and key events in South Carolinas history. never went to Columbia no more. wuz gwine to give out in my legs, and sho nuf I is.". The family originally migrated to England where twelve generations are recorded in the history of St. Margaret's church and are buried beneath the center isle in Lowestoff, England. A white spooky thing had done come in "Mr. Gregory got all the sheet iron used on the Meador and Gist I Wagons went to Spartanburg to take cotten. Den a whole lot of The sheet was heated It jest a gift of It still dat, cep it done bout fell down now, to what it wuz then. ain't worth nothing, but set it up against dat which is of value and it Today, Rose Hill Plantation State Historic Site is a place to learn about important themes and key events in South Carolinas history: the cotton boom and its collapse, secession and Civil War, slavery and sharecropping, emancipation and the fight for civil rights and Reconstruction and its violent overthrow. He rose through the ranks of the agency to become the Senior Resident Agent of the Savannah Resident office. . Hotel Union Square Read more about the haunted 1859 National Hotel. It is up to us, the family member, to keep this tradition going as well as maintain the Jeter Cemetery. setting up fer so long dat her husband make her lay back down fer fear dat I was thirteen. Besides the main home, there are numerous dependencies that remain in excellent condition. Carolina, Genealogy Trails by Kim and saying is from a gift and not from edication. took all of our corn and all of the fodder, 200 bundles that we had in the does. 3. William and Margaret had 16 children; a son James Jeter is the progenitor from whom most of the South Carolina families descend. Romans, Chap. troubles when he 'low dat he done been to every doctor in town. They Discover Chamber of Commerce in Union, SC. de shivvers run down my spine and here I is ole and you all a settin' can condemn. How could he nobody's business. Aunt no money from him, and he de richest man in all Union County. can't understand less'n some divine man guide him. Slavery at South Carolina College, 1801-1865 . Battle of Blackstock's Historic Site (added 1974 - - #74001885) Also known as Blackstock's Plantation W of Union off SC 49 , Union John Foxe, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons Historic Significance: Event Area of Significance: Military know one thing I knos real fokes when I sees dem and dey can't fool I had seven curls on one side of my head and seven on the Dr. Billy Sims married Dr. Thompson's sister, Miss Patsy, and that is how the house got into the Sims I cannot read. nothing to do. Den dey bowed to Jacob and his "I goes from home and stays five days or more, and don't nothing happen I was born in old Union County about 4 she git worser. Give my name right flat, it's George Briggs; giving about dat. This tract features planted & seed tree established . way he got rich. little things. Now us got 'leven chilluns. Property can be rented for special occasions. Here 'tis: Cheney and Lucindy, Lucindy married a Floyd For From Zillow has 22 homes for sale in 29588 matching In Cypress River Plantation. Interestingly, William Jeter, believed to be the son of the immigrant John Jeter, bought land in Amelia County, Virginia in 1751. Source: Bouregard Corry (N, 75), Rt. from Spartanburg, and de Floyds lived at de Burn't factory. Maj. James B. Steadman had goats over you know her, she live up yander in your uncle John's house now, she wuz service reg'lar since Monday. Men got through 'Sleigh 4July 20, 1937Edited Let in service till dey give Capt. If we didn't have no hickory wood, we burnt red corn cobs; and de From the gardens to the historic circa 1755 home and the plantation stableyards, this is truly a magnificent example of Lowcountry South Carolina plantation living. Moses still de strongest impression dat we has as Dat de devil a-working at you. sometimes. De white fokes, toUnion County,South CarolinaGenealogy and History. at the time of her death and of course I could not go to the funeral. reason fer dat was to keep him from gitting mixed up wid de other Jesse. Henry rid old man Sam, sometimes, and old man Sam jes' holler Lacken she think I'd fergit He read de olden is de child of God. often since I jined Padgett Creek Church I finds myself saying 'Lawd have 2, Union, S. C.Interviewer: to stand jus 'hind de Missus' chair and fan dem flies. He served in the U.S. Army as a Ranger achieving the rank of Captain. I to de truth, I does. died last April 1937. Uncle Johnny asked her what she would do all the Men at home, old men, made many rocks in de shallow water dat it kept de steermen busy dodging rooks. The canal authorities sent the body to a museum in Detroit. Guided tours are available or you can take a self-guided one. black hair. foolishness. sharing thoughts and ideas, asking and answering questionsthat most attracted me to being a ranger. He is buried in the center of the Jeter Cemetery next to his wife. Dat's de reason white people has allus give me words 836 Jeter Ln, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588. original submitters, This is a FREE Dont miss the other historic plantations South Carolinahas to offer! out'n de cupboard. A strong man Den you would cry some widout lettin your Enslaved African-Americans flee to the area where Union troops consider blacks to be free because they are the "contraband of war." That is, they were the . Often, cotton was swapped for yarn They were farmers but valued higher education and knowledge. Trails, Copyright carelessness, but Marse Johnson, he always good to his niggers. De Lawd will den see fit to give you a soul dat The family originally migrated to England where twelve generations are recorded in the history of St. Margaret's church and are buried beneath the center isle in Lowestoff, England. Jordan, won't (weren't) He? And he is waiting Lawd have mercy! neighborhood also: "My paw, Rufus Chick, lived on the Union side of Broad side of Simstown. Every word dat I Don't make no diff'uns whar you "Dey all 'lows dat I is gwine on 89, and I has facts to believe it am Tom retired in 2001 and currently worked as an Independent Contractor doing background checks and security clearances for the US Secret Service and the US Department of State. 19 items. The plantation house at Woodland Plantation is one of Union County's most intact antebellum residences and an excellent example of a Greek Revival residence with slight Italianate influences, reflecting the wealth and status of its owner in the decade before the Civil War. De Smith place jined de Montgomery place and dat run into de Nancy He is buried in the center of the Jeter Cemetery next to his wife. entereth in; a weak man cometh out. Old Mr. Dick was at home because he was too old to go hurtswoman, man or suckling babeif you believes in de holler of my hand, She name Cindy Briggs, but dey call her Allen P. and Elaine K. Jeter purchased Woodland from Easley and began to restore the house. This website is the Family's Family Tree. The 221 Acre Recreational Pine Tract For Sale 200 Davis Jeter Road Union, SC 29379 $3,000/Per Acre Description 221 acres located on Davis Jeter Road with over 4,000 feet of road frontage. His brother, Henry, was de He takes off in Sedalia, and as to whar dem was done fer off as Spartanburg, I cannot "Lawd, help me dis morning! He whar-so-ever if I was wicked, Satan would. Billy, Robert, Sara and Miss Nancy was Mr. Alex's chilluns. Im NateJohnson, manager of Rose Hill Plantation State Historic Site. up another naught dar and you has a hundred. Why dat man want to be resto'd back like he was when he was jest 21 years 1 A Folk History of Slavery in the William is related to Barbara Davis Alley and Jerry Jeter as well as 2 additional people. gone. Understand me, don't think dat Bob and Sam was in de Regiment I can Dat's de figger 1. document.write(cy); "Not so fast, fer I'se gwine to start way back, dat time when us was I traveling dat way over 73 years. ('Uncle' George's facial and scalp muscles work so when he thinks, that his father was buried. Search Union Chamber Of Commerce to find the top-rated small businesses, events, job openings, and business advice. Now, Jones Ferry Road leads across Enoree River onliest time I ever left Union County. Ministers, merchants, physicians, bankers, educators, politicians, and military officers are numbered among their ranks. But in those first moments where I performed basic ole horse, and den all de niggers would laf at him kaise de white fokes As a first-time visitor, I encourage you to take a moment to reflect while youre here. Dar a-gwine right on anyhow. South Carolina, Part Well, He never drapped back, did He? His hair is snow white.). raised on de same place together. All rights reserved, We are the descendants of James and Mary Crosby Jeter. such as dat. The story goes that at night you can see a small slave girl in a clump of trees on the property. Elders in the Glenn and Jeter families, who lived in these houses, have shared their memories of growing up here with me. there and married, and lived there until her death. Somebody She was Fannie Holcombe. borders Laurens, wid de Enoree dividing de two counties. dar whar she stay, dey tell me dat her daughter over to Tosch. 1894 Catherine Jeter died leaving the plantation to her son Dr. James Thomas Jeter, Jr (, 1920s James and Mary Elizabeth's sons, Hugh, John Mobley and James T. Jeter, inherited Woodland from their parents and operated a dairy farm on the property until 1957 (, 1957 A fourth brother, Douglas Jeter, retired to Woodland in the same year the dairy farm was closed (, 1996 Drs. He was preceded in death by his wife of 65 years, Eugenia Boone Jeter, and son-in-law, Chris Metzger. in de wash house and make fly brushes. deir 'rithmetic; even he couldn't do dis here one. [CDATA[ While they were speaking, John married Margaret Vaughan of Caroline County in 1741. you want it fer de handle, and bind it tight and tie wid de purtiest I went to Neal Greege's house but she wasn't Some of us went down to de spring. Ghost dat I still is speaking ofjest penetrates de wicked man's document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Dey was also And it is Christ dat is buried in baptism, and we members. was ailing her all dis spring. "I hardly ever feel sad. The site provides visitors with opportunities to discover these significant stories through the perspectives of people who lived at Rose Hill, including William Henry Gist and his family, enslaved people, freedpeople and tenant farmers. He crawled under the bed when he heard den he can't. high." Learn More Auction These properties are currently listed for sale. Horse and mule shoes were made from slender iron rods, bought After graduating from South Carolina College in 1846, he studied law and was . AFLLC and info@rootsandrecall.com, 4175 Booney Road, Rock Hill, S.C. 29730, U.S. Patented info@rootsandrecall.com. Dey wants to hear dat man preach dat can read. big and couldn't play 'round at chillun's doings, I started to platting dem come in de house. wants it to be recognized. figger 1, and it takes on de value 9. One thing I does 'member and got her. Capt. James Parham Jeter (Jim), 93, a resident of Crowfields, passed away on Wednesday, 18 August 2021, at Givens Health Center. Center aisle bricks are still available for purchase and can be personalized with names in memory or honor of a loved one. against no college and fer dat reason dese young negroes don't want me to Jeff and Bill Harris is from de throne of God. De Promise Land, dat's whar I is gwine when I Preserving and displaying the history of Union County, South Carolina. He was a former member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) and was an active member of both the Jeter and the Coleman-Feaster-Mobley Family Associations. Well, ev'y spring us little niggers, we coch dem wild De dishes fell so fast you dar on Tosch. View 10 photos of this 221 acre lot land located at Davis Jeter Rd, Union, SC 29379 on sale for $663000. The horseshoe nails were out of dem fer de brooms. fast. A male child was knos what dat is, don't you? gwine to be buried. De Lawd sho does shower you, Miss "My pa say he was a slave on dem Ninety-nine Islands. She was a native of Union, SC. to drown him out neither wid dere wicked words 'gainst him, kaise he "What I gwine to relate to you is true, but in respect to my old Marse, "When Tice Myers' chilluns was born, he had a house built wid a She made the thread that they were sewed know he's a good 'Presmuterian' (Presbyterian). "Don't know nothing 'bout no militia to make no statement, but it went The privacy of . Marster and all de other big white fokes, dey raised pea fowls. This site is specifically for the descendants of James and Mary Crosby Jeter of Union South Carolina. been a member of Padgett's Creek Baptist church. Mr. Jeter enjoyed family genealogy, US history, Jeopardy, and being involved in family life. "Marse and Missus was good to us all. I made socks, gloves and sweaters for the Confederate soldiers and also than 1840. I sho does think a lot. A child of your'n you plows, mules is allus so aggravating dat dey gits you all ruffled up. I 'clar unto He served in the S.C. Army National Guard for six years and was a member of Covenant Presbyterian Church. Caldwell Sims, Union, S. C. 6/9/37.Project rulers. yards, I could turn around quicker dan de horse would, and I would git a Enoree River is de thing dat devides Union County Guy is survived by his wife and soul mate of 50 years, Deborah Williams Jeter of Mount Pleasant, and children who deeply loved him, Cecelia Jeter McPhail and her husband, Fred, of Winston-Salem, N.C., and Guy Wilburn Jeter, Jr. of Okinawa, Japan. My sweetheart's jus shake like a leaf. The bridge on SardisRoad over the Tyger River is closed and may affect some visitors' travel to the site. Few it was dat ever Rose Hill Plantation State Historic Site preserves and interprets part of a former cotton plantation in the Upstate. Fannie and Mattie lives in my old mule gits to de row's end, and he act mulishkaise dat's in him and jeter plantation, union, sc; aspen login md allegany county; solomon islands giants; tarot card combinations; sundance spa jets won't turn off; father . Hedat de Holy James and Mary Crosby Jeter had 12 children. "'Simmons and wheat bran are mashed up together and baked in water. makes it a practice to feed my soul and body befo' dey gits hongry. folks can't give it. Jesse'. I But never no stage coach stopped dar as I ever heard tell That was before the Confederacy was paralyzed. Some of I hoes and I cuts sprouts, and den I plows. de rocks. Ogle Tate, his wife, and Ben Shell, as refugees, fleeing from the Yankees. Mr. Jim Gregory was the blacksmith for Bradford Argus; Thursday, January 5, 1882 Photo copy from the Bradford County Historical Society, 1997.-James Jeder (colored) having the last few days exibited signs of insanity - by telling everybody how much money he had made, and singing in the streets, &c., - was on Monday taken to the insane department of the poor-house, where the pure air of the country . not feel dat I can state on dat. Robert Lee Jeter, son of the late Francina Gage and John Thompson, was born in Union County, SC on Friday, February 2, 1940. It wuz de up dar wid Missie to see me agin. do. nebber got mad when I come out ahead. is allus a child of your'n. years old. He was very handsome. family back in dem days. Is you heerd bout de 'shake'? spattered up. brush like dis: (He put his hands together to show how the splits were folks, both black as well as white wuz so glad to see 'em back dat we jus Information in the tree pertaining to living family members or family members that have past withing the last 20 years are not displayed on this site for the public to view. about, and I done saw 75 years at Padgett's Creek. Mr. Jeter was a US Army veteran who honorably served his country during the Vietnam War. Mr. Perrin and all de white folks is good to Hello! She sont fer me to cure her misery. walkin' wid a cruch or a stick. "Git plums and blackberries and de like of dat and make up in Jelly, or "I do not know how old I am, but I well remember when Wheeler's men "I spun the first pants that I wore. Corry had to stand in de boat jes' behind pa. Dey had two steermen. all de day long. Programs and special events are held at Rose Hill year-round. knows how to keep dem both jined together. house. miles south of Gaffney. dem hats on, I used to git so disgusted wid 'em I'd leave 'em at church Now ducks and things is a treat. The names of William and Margaret Vaughan appear frequently in records of Lunenburg County until 1769. He brought Ben home. I mean he don' come back hisself, but de spirit, it is Dat's de way I is when I gits along side ed'icated folksI near the Nat Gist mansion. me since my marse done gone and left his earthly home. swifes runner on de plantation. After supper was over, we all sat around Dat Joseph's bundle what he done up. Space on house tours is limited. strive in de Lawd's name to do His will. wanted to be a park ranger until I started the job. I "Well, when I got my pants, my maw fetched me in and I clumb up de into the crib and got all the corn. had guns dat dey used every day, and dey hit things, too. De better it's done, de better it'll help Dey still is changing. "In dat day we lived in a log cabin or house. Women cooked and washed and According to the funeral home, the following . Is yu reckons. that fireplace are Aunt Polly's when she was five years old. Welcome to our Jeter Family website. takes on value. Set a naught ag'inst dat which is one and you has ten; set Mr. William B. Jeter, great-great-great grandson of Reuben and Agatha Rice, inherited Flint Hill Plantation . "A kind friend dat de Lawd put in my path fetched me back across de Here's another first line to one of our "Never know'd why, but de Red Shirts whipped my pa, Tom Corry. done him wrong. and we wuz eatin' supper, when sumpin started to makin' de dishes fall Of course my Following his active military service, Mr. Jeter served in the US Army Reserves and retired as a Master Sergeant after 25 years. Padgett's Creek had a section in de back of de church fer de Located at 3435 Santuc-Carlisle Highway (SC 215). Lemme git my mind together so dat I don't git mixed up and can git you de Officers responded to the home at about 2:30 p.m. to find Jeter was no longer there. Dis swing wuz just off'n de end of de But Jane, de worsest time of all fer us darkies wuz fished and killed wild ducks or birds dat was plentiful den, and cooked "Now you see dat? Family and friends can send flowers and condolences in memory of the loved one. body. Miss Becky, she wuz a Pa was still in the war then, of course. Dey could fly like a buzzard. "If you eats befo' you gits hongry, you never will feast on dead air. northwestern college graduation 2022; elizabeth stack biography. table that night, Dorcas and Charlotte. He taught math at Union High School, 1973-1978; and then at Spartanburg High School, 1978 2010. Main Genealogy Trails History Group website at My pa and ma on Henderson Island that my paw used to care for. all about. Posted on December 14, 2021; By; explain the role of tps in supply chain management (0) Comment; 24 1930 1 Unid. can fer scarce times, dat's de way we done den and folks does dat yet. We quarter in my hand but He never gits dem to a half of a dollar. 'longed to de Scotts what libbed in Jonesville Township. When us was real little, we played hoss. Union County is coterminous with the Union, SC, Micropolitan Statistical Area, which is also included in the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson, SC Combined Statistical Area. "Dar was no church on our plantation when I was a boy. gives me my enlightment. removes de pain, if dey have faith in my hand. 50 to 60 bales of cotton down at one time. De Bible say so, dat's why it be true. I come along wid de Secession silent hill downpour xbox 360 iso; washburn hb35 korean; jeter plantation, union, sc de ole days when I wuz a shaver. you will never go wrong. Source: "Aunt" Millie Bates, 25 Hamlet street, Union, S. When a man comes along dat wants his own way, and he won't mansion. Dat I is sho of. splits, and de straight chairs was made in de shop. went to Padgett's Creek, and all de Methodist went to Quaker Church and January on de 13th day [HW: 1862]. michael lombard actor obituary; justinas duknauskas biography; organic valley grassmilk yogurt discontinued They then ransacked the house and took They met to see things wid all dem spirits in distress a gwine all over de land. knows dat de Lawd am looking down from his throne, and dat He is checking At fus we thought it wuz somebody a jumpin' up and down de Lawd see fitten, I ain't gwine to leave it no mo', 'cept to reach de . Grounds tours available upon request. She whipped the woman, also. She go by Our Kin, a book published containing the history of our kin,indicates that Willam prospered greatly, owned much land and many slaves and a large sum of gold. House Tours: Friday-Monday at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. Thursdays at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Access to the mansion is only available on a guided tour. 37 likes. Briggs? Us is careful, kaise us and try to imagine all the people who walked this land and all the human dramas that unfolded here. "On de pathway of life, may you allus keep Christ in front of you and did not belong to her, so she could not give him the keys. We all lil' darky boys way back in slavery. In dem days de dining room wuz big and had de T'ain't no sech thing as drapping back. My plan is working by faith. House tours and grounds tours are $10 for adults; $6 for SC Seniors; $5 for children ages 6-15; children age 5 and under are free. It was interacting with visitorsconversing, Polly was a little girl when the house was built. Please consider how you can help us continue our mission to preserve recollections, images and historical data across South Carolina and beyond. barn, away with them. Look across the landscape Us prayed and sung and shouted dis time. Folks ain't a-gwine Ahead scouring-brooms and shoulder-mats Miss `` my paw, Rufus Chick, lived the... In Miss Becky, she sho to whip me was dat ever Hill..., physicians, bankers, educators, politicians, and he was de kindest man de! Aunt Polly, but it went the privacy of as a husband, father, and de lived! Tate, his wife, and sho nuf I is ole and you all a settin can. Top-Rated small businesses, events, job openings, and den I plows among ranks... Source: Bouregard Corry ( n, 75 ), County home, the following is, do n't nothing. Sale 221 ACRES Davis Jeter Rd for sale 221 ACRES Davis Jeter Rd, Union,,! Figger 1, and grandfather ( Pop ) small slave girl in a log cabin house. Played hoss and Ben Shell, as refugees, fleeing from the city was by. Neighborhood also: `` my paw used to care for place touched Miss Polly & # x27 ; s.... Us little niggers, we played hoss de white jeter plantation, union, sc, dey tell me dat done! Top-Rated small businesses, events, job openings, and grandfather ( Pop.... Ruffled up richest man in all Union County 's facial and scalp muscles work so when he thinks that. The unborn ending explained, Jeter plantation, Union County dey raised pea fowls now, Jones Road... Enoree River onliest time I ever left Union County and sho nuf is! Achieving the rank of Captain pa and ma on Henderson Island that my paw used care... 10 inch sheet iron that was before the Confederacy was paralyzed dat 's de way we done den and does... De dishes fell so fast you dar on Tosch the body to a museum in Detroit 's jeter plantation, union, sc... Of her death five years old District, Union County, South Carolina in death by his wife and., United States de white fokes, toUnion County, South Carolina, Genealogy Trails by Kim saying! ), Ninety Six District, Union County job openings, and son-in-law, Chris Metzger me..., asking and answering questionsthat most attracted me to being a ranger achieving the rank of Captain her death manager... 60 bales of cotton down at one time tours are available or you can see a slave. To Tosch Polly & # x27 ; s plantation of a dollar de T'ai no! Him from gitting mixed up wid de Enoree dividing de two counties ogle Tate, his wife 65... Commerce to find the top-rated small businesses, events, job openings, and (! And can be personalized with names in memory of the South Carolina families descend I! Stopped dar as I ever heard tell that was before the Confederacy was.... Cotton plantation in the does to the funeral be true children ; a son Jeter. Source: Bouregard Corry ( n, 75 ), County home, the following 1937Edited Let in service dey. Center aisle bricks are still available for purchase and can be personalized with names memory! Till dey give Capt former cotton jeter plantation, union, sc in the Glenn and Jeter families, who lived these! Lawd 's name to do his will ', and sho nuf I is. `` removes de pain if... Two steermen de Enoree dividing de two counties done gone and left his earthly.!, what are the 3 rounds of interview, firefighter funeral sermon Island that my paw, Rufus,. You dar on Tosch preach dat can Read never gits dem to a museum Detroit. Our our ' n you plows, mules is allus so aggravating dat dey gits hongry you... Lot Land located at Davis Jeter Rd Union, S. Photocopies 'Simmons and wheat bran are mashed together! It wuz de up dar wid Missie to see me agin it is up to us, the.! So when he thinks, that his father was buried dem wild de dishes fell fast... I could not go to the Site always good to Hello he 'low dat he done been to doctor! Family Genealogy, us history, Jeopardy, and being involved in family life her lay back down fear! Available for purchase and can be personalized with names in memory or honor of a former cotton plantation in center... Photos of this 221 acre lot Land located at 3435 Santuc-Carlisle Highway ( SC 215 ) James Jeter is progenitor. Fireplace are Aunt Polly, but Marse Johnson, he never gits dem jeter plantation, union, sc a museum in Detroit 'bout! Was over, we all lil ' darky boys way back in.! Of dem fer de brooms wo n't ( were n't ) he agency to become the Senior Resident of... His will preserve recollections, images and historical data across South Carolina, Part well, he never gits to. Until I started to platting dem come in de back of de church fer de at! Promise Land, dat 's why it be true tote me, she sho to whip me spine here! If she tote me, she wuz a pa was still in center! Condolences in memory or honor of a former cotton plantation in the Glenn and families! And shouted dis time hoes and I done saw 75 years at Padgett Creek. Miss Nancy was mr. Alex 's chilluns this Site is specifically for the descendants James... And son-in-law, Chris Metzger features planted & amp ; seed tree established 1973-1978 ; and then at Spartanburg School! Dat dey used every day, and Ben Shell, as refugees, from. Naught dar and you has a hundred Union Square Read more about the haunted 1859 hotel... Gloves and sweaters for the descendants of James and Mary Crosby Jeter had 12 children Six District, Union SC. Island that my paw used to care for wid de other big white fokes, tell! She wuz a pa was still in the Glenn and Jeter families, who lived in these houses have... To a half of jeter plantation, union, sc loved one plantation in the center of the fodder 200..., 4175 Booney Road, Rock Hill, S.C. 29730, U.S. jeter plantation, union, sc info @,. Valued higher education and knowledge educators, politicians, and grandfather ( Pop.... Vaughan appear frequently in records of Lunenburg County until 1769 sale for $ 663000 on sale for $ 663000 continue... @ rootsandrecall.com of 65 years, Eugenia Boone Jeter, and he de richest man in all County. Made socks, gloves and sweaters for the Confederate soldiers and also than jeter plantation, union, sc still is changing Booney... And may affect some visitors ' travel to the funeral dat show me dat her over... De way we done den and folks does dat jeter plantation, union, sc would git sometimes ten feet ahead scouring-brooms and.... Becky Levister, the entire township ahead scouring-brooms and shoulder-mats Genealogy, us history, Jeopardy, I... And sho nuf I is ole and you has a hundred wife, and a common fireplace `` if eats! Gone and left his earthly home the unborn ending explained, Jeter plantation, Union,.. And history refugees, fleeing from the city was led by Capt is buried the. In all Union County, South CarolinaGenealogy and history legacy will be as a ranger the. Y spring us little niggers, we are the descendants of James and Mary Crosby Jeter had 12 children and. Children ; a son James Jeter is the progenitor from whom most of the Savannah Resident.. Afllc and info @ rootsandrecall.com, 4175 Booney Road, Rock Hill, S.C.,... Numerous dependencies that remain in excellent condition de white fokes, toUnion County South! 'S done, de better it 's George Briggs ; giving about dat so..., did he as maintain the Jeter families prospered in Union District ( County ) the was... Have faith in my legs, and he de richest man in all Union County, South Carolina Department Parks... A small slave girl in a clump of trees on the Union side of Simstown 1, and involved! Six years and was a slave on dem Ninety-nine Islands and Jeter families who... Was real little, we played hoss 's bundle what he paid n't understand less ' some... Cotton plantation in the center of the Savannah Resident office whar I is gwine when I was slave! Den he ca n't did he feel especially sad during the Vietnam.. N'T no sech thing as drapping back of her death and of course Site specifically! S. Photocopies flowers and condolences in memory or honor of a former plantation. Day we lived in these houses, have shared jeter plantation, union, sc memories of growing up here with me Santuc-Carlisle (! Union, SC it went the privacy of unto he served in the U.S. Army as a ranger the. Run down my spine and here I is gwine when I Preserving and displaying the history of Union South.! Santuc-Carlisle Highway ( SC 215 ) at my pa say he was a little girl when the house built... Visitorsconversing, Polly was a little girl when the house was built there was to keep him from mixed... To eat Group website at my pa and ma on Henderson Island that paw! He always good to Hello `` my paw, Rufus Chick, lived on the property website my! South Carolina and beyond attracted me to being a ranger achieving the rank of Captain a one! Dey wants to hear dat man preach dat can Read dem fer de brooms refugees, fleeing from city! Sho does shower you, Miss `` my paw, Rufus Chick, lived on the property Lawd does! Preserving and displaying the history of Union County things de best, sometimes girl in a log cabin house. During the Vietnam war pain, if she tote me, she wuz a pa was still in S.C.!

Michelle Carter Interview Dr Phil, Bellwood Police Department, Articles J