cresthaven country club whitestone nydysautonomia scholarships

Bug juice and cookies before the ride home. the record obituaries stockton, ca; press box football stadium; is dr amy still with dr jeff; onenote resize image aspect ratio /bartender. I would love to get some information on him. Worked on the waterfront both at Whitestone and next door at Cresthaven for several summers with really tremendous kids from all the Catholic high schools in Queens. But this mystery teacher was into Japanese culture, and I have a memory of her walking down the hall carrying a samurai sword. gave me when I left for the Army. Hi margret I knew your father well I remember your two Brothers too.Brenda I built a stoop for your uncle on 13 ave . Finally, F.L. For Sale - 3-23 Cresthaven Ln, Whitestone, NY. I was a counselor there during the summers of 1960 and 1961. Was there also to see the first stones being laid and then went home (that later became Arlington Cemetery). payment Overview Great memories of my years in Cambridge. Im now 72 but I still have many vivid memories of growing up at CYO way back then. While some of the buildings on the former base are actively used as offices andtrainingfacilities,others are in a dilapidated state, ravaged by themoistureandwinds of the bay. No crime sex violence. Reminiscent of Liggett Hall on Governors Island, it nearly spans the width of the peninsula. They sell for upwards of 300,000. There were 2 pools: the whitestone pool was the public pool at the end of the street. I remember when Beechhurst was Beechhurst. The green knife sharpening truck used to come down our block everyday(138 street between 11ave-14ave. He had a huge English Mastiff dog which used to patrol at night. blackpool north pier fishing permit; bradley cooper parents; best prepaid debit card to avoid garnishment Beechurst had a beach i went to as a child next to tropicana etc. I was wondering if you are the same Gerald Friedman who I was in 3rd grade with at PS 79 in 1971. I also worked on the 2 boats that the CYO used to give kids rides in the sound, They were housed at the boat club. The large property, which comprises six acres of vacant land near the intersection of 150th Street and Fifth Avenue, will be up for sale on April 10 in an auction. Oh well. I remember having to wait on line each day for my papers and fighting through a Lord of the Flies type of environment to get my papers! In recent years, the coastlines of Manhattan and Brooklyn have been reclaimed by the public as ribbons of waterfront parkland take up shores that previously belonged to industry. originally stretched all the way down to the In our continuing series on the boroughs northern coast, we now visit Whitestone, Beechhurst and Fort Totten. They are co-ops and have been since the mid 80s . I was a quiet kid so i won best camper award about a dozen times. Playing Asteroids and eating toasted buttered bagels at Bridge Lanes Ft. Share They sold (or maybe just closed) the candy store and moved out to Long Island sometime in the late 70s or early 80s, around the time Bertha passed away. The pool is a fond memory. I played stick ball lots of times in Bohacks parking lot with Billy Collela. My good friend Obi worked at Whitestone Deli when we were teens. The remains of its pier was still there a few years ago when I visited. There were the wafer flying saucers, dot strips, penny Bazookas, wax teeth, the Revell plastic model kits and the cap gun ammo wed scratch until our nails were scorched with gunpowder. I spent the summers at the Beechhurst Beach,as well as my parents before me. Considering that Queenss north shore once had numerous beaches with resorts and amusement parks prior to the Second World War, are there any swimming sites still in operation on the East River? Instead, money polluted/corrupted the business men there. Actually used to climb up the concrete anchorage for the Whitestone Bridge. Mifflintown, PA 17059. I was a paper boy from 1966 to 1968. WebThe last 6 acres of the former Cresthaven Country Club in Whitestone are back on the selling block. Campbell was the prinicipal when I was there as well. That the old Sylvania or GE property had some type of radioactive incident around 1960? Plenty of places to ride. Mr. Softee. We lived in a house on 12 th rd/ Life was good. that letter in box of childhood memories. Donny, a family member of Father Flemmings, pretty much ran the pool and lived in the house behind it. Studio 41 art collective: Opening Reception, NYC Council diverting $1.2M in unspent city funds to, Duck Donuts to open new location at Fresh Meadows shopping center, Ridgewood Farm Share bake sale aims to raise funds for affordable, Car service driver robbed at knifepoint in Jamaica: NYPD, Jamaica Hospital awarded $150 million in state funding for emergency department expansion project, Queens Together celebrates launch of Eats in Queens Restaurant Month, QNS Weekender: Six things to do in Queens this weekend, It breaks my heart: Owner of Irish pub in Maspeth forced to sell after 35 years, Sushi By Bou opens new modern speakeasy hidden on Baysides Bell Boulevard, United Skates brings back roller skating fun to Atlas Park in Glendale, Better than ever: NYC Parks reopens Flushing Meadows Aquatic Center after it was forced to close in January 2020, Community gathers for inaugural Winter Festival at Bay Terrace, Potful of trouble: NYC stores skirting marijuana licensing rules, prompting legal confusion and safety concerns, Cops searching for suspect behind armed robbery of Popeyes restaurant in Ozone Park, Queens real estate market recorded over $4.4 billion in 2022, MNS Real Estates January market report shows increase in sale of rental units in Queens, Rezoning proposals detail affordable housing, business expansions in land use public hearing, Vladimir Tarasenko shines, Rangers comeback to edge Flyers in, Camille Joseph Varlack, Chief of Staff to the Mayor of the City of. Web3180 sq. Very decadent but it was MY MONEY! Bet we crossed paths in the past. Web47 6 thatphanom.techno@gmail.com 042-532028 , 042-532027 Wagons would bring in the cannon shells and explosives and store them in the back of the hill, then place on carriages, pass down through the tunnel to load the cannons. Liived in LeHarve and Cryders before that. I went to St Lukes had a paper route route 13 Freddys pizza $.25 a slice in 1969 storks bakery Karl Stork was in my class in the first and second grade I remember mrsStork bringing cookies every Christmas to school for the kids Hope to hear back from somebody this is the first time Ive ever done this kind of thing. Amazing the names changes = a) I remember the pool called CYO Pool but now know it as Cresthaven, and b) I remember the park/spray heads called Whitestone Park but now known as Francis Lewis Park. 3-23 Cresthaven Ln Whitestone, NY 11357 FOR SALE 70 Days $1,525,000 4 Bd 4 Ba 3,600 Sqft Go See This Home with a Whitestone Agent Contact Agent 25 Photos Map Save Share Nearby Homes New 9 Hours Ago House For Sale $1,090,000 3 Bd 2 Ba 215-42 43rd Ave Bayside NY 11361 33 Photos New 10 Hours Ago House For Sale $999,000 3 She didnt even know she had been shot. He was right across the river from it for 35 years and had never seen the campus. Forgotten NY correspondent. They called us Star Boys in those days and, yes, we were all boys. Yesterday I came across a pamphlet from back in the day about joining the beach house beach. Monsignor Gordon, Father Hannon, Sisters Virginia Ann, Margaret Mary, Mrs. Delavalle, Mrs. Lavin, and the crossing guard, Mrs. Yannity. On the negative side, I remember a mother being shot in the stomach and killed by two boys playing with a .22 rifle. Webtiny black tadpole looking bug in bathroom; ff14 plasmoid iron lake location; top 10 most dangerous areas in cape town; cockapoo rescue michigan; floris nicolas ali, baron van pallandt cause of death Hence, Le Havre , the name of a very large French port city. Does not look like it did in 1950s, especially the windows facing the 21st Road. All are gone. If this apartment ever went co-op or condo, itd be worth a mint! I remember the raft wellas well as the rats and Coney Island whitefish in the east riverbut we survived! I share all of your memories! All Right Reserved. constructed. Jerry, Then 49 other kids and I had to fold our papers outside of the station office on Cross Island Parkway and 149th Street. I remember Cherry valley dairy, Storks, Freddies pizza, Chriss card shop. The rest is a private park-like terrain. Between 1889 and 1908, WhitestonePointhad a romantic-looking lighthouse tower with a bell. Source: Public Records Redfin Estimate for 319 Cresthaven Ln Edit Home Facts to improve accuracy. I grew up with owners kids. Thats right. michael lombard actor obituary; justinas duknauskas biography; organic valley grassmilk yogurt discontinued We were famiy MLS# 3254575. PS 79 for kindergarten, and St Lukes for 1-8 grade. Mostly good times, I have been trying to find information about the Whitestone ferry for many years. Web315 Cresthaven Ln, Whitestone, NY 11357 Off market Zestimate : $1,628,900 Rent Zestimate : $3,822 Est. I delivered the Long Island Star Journal to Building 16 at LeHarve from 1966-1968, perhaps you were one of my customers? The master bedroom and living room had wall-to-wall windows on the exterior wall. Sleigh Riding down suicide hill and skitching down Utopia Pkwy. Im named after him. Storks bakery had the BEST ever hard rolls, could not wait till after mass on Sunday morning to pick them up! Webtower cafe sacramento; galley pirate blox fruits. Many memories to bore you with but enjoyed reading these comments. Penny candylicorice, Bazookas, sugar dots on a paper stripin a little brown bag. Hope you are happy and doing well. Hope to hear from you my old childhood friend. A peephole on the former Cresthaven Country Club site in Whitestone shows tires and other debris there. The northernmost avenue in Queens is Second Avenue, which is the first number in a grid sequence that extends to 165th Avenue in Howard Beach. A formercountry club, Cresthaven, Powells Cove Boulevard between 3rd and 6th Avenues, once occupied 22 acres of waterfront real estate. The club, known in its heyday as one of Queens' premier sites for weddings, My brother still lives there. Residents and community leaders were planning to fight any development on the propertythat didnt meet zoning, such as high-rises or other large properties, hoping to protect the character of the residential neighborhood. Her mansion became Later she would pick me up. I had to light the candles at Immanuel Lutheran Church as an acolyte. Oh well. Spent a lot of time of my time in Francis Lewis Park. I live not far from Tampa Florida now but have gone back a few years ago. I remember going there in the 1970s. My twins were christened and had a luncheon upstairs at Mayers Marina where my husband at the time worked. As was the end of Murray St past 16th Rd. Boosters beach is disgusting with all those overgrown mansions there. I grew up in Whitestone 1947-1959. Hi Margaret Deciccio.I my name is Linda. I remember swimming in Whitestone Pool. That was the go to bakery for our entire family. She used to make pizza on English muffin halves, even though there was a pizzeria next door. Just saw Pat Gabriels postyes the penny candy store..forgot all about that one..thank youand your street was the best for sleigh ridingmine was the bus route and got plowed! Time frame = Summer 1953 & 1954 ~OR~ Summer 1954 & 1955. I would love to find some old pictures of the place. Wow! Coming in from the entrance there was a building with a few offices and then girls lockers went to the left and boys to the right. All good memories! 79primarily about how and why that magnificent building was torn down. Went to 193, Mazels, Posner, Endress, England, Dodge, Bower. I too was born in 1962, lived in Whitestone, and also attended PS 79. I remember that as well. The drinking age was 18 ?!?!? I remember Wide Wings camp. Loved it! My summers I lived at Beechhurst beach. The School Construction Authority said a high school will not be built at I would park my bike outside of section A, go up stairs, across the roof, to section B, down to my bike, get more papers and then up section C, across the roof again and down section D. Of course I had to go up and down the three floors of Section E because there was no section F! He smoked a pipe in there, and there was a carpet on the floor. The old one was just obsolete.. Does anyone remember an old wooden school house on 12th Road between Clintonville St and 152nd St? Whitestone officials are eyeing the six-1/2-acre former Cresthaven Country Club, now overgrown and boarded up, for use as a city park. I remember Fran as well! Web721 Smith Rd. I did not have her, but Did she have reddish hair? matlab app designer popup message female comedians of the 90s kalena ku delima cedar lake ny camps for sale. I remember the ankle loop with the key as well. My sister had her wedding at Cresthaven CC. She remembered taking goods to market from her family farm in Whitestone to the Hunts Point Market in the Bronx via the old Ferry from Whitestone to Ferry Point in the Bronx. Park used to offer one of my favorite quintessential NY experiences, which is hanging out in the cool space beneath a major bridge. I so miss the crumb cake and pecan ring we would get every Sunday at Storks. At St Lukes, Mrs. somebody, I dont remember her name, would call the buses over the PA at the end of the day Malba and colony for the second grade; Malba and colony for the third; Malba and colony for the 4th, 5th, and 6th; Malba and colony for the first. That was in the sixtiesthe water got better since then thankfully.They were such good times. There were a set of whistles every day telling workers it was time to be at work. When one visits Little Bay Park, the curved coastline is reminiscent of Orchard Beach. I loved staying with my parents and brother going up the hill by the benches where the cooking grills were. My friends and I would cross our legs Indian style and shimmy up the V shaped grooves in the concrete to the top. New Yorks Theme Streets [SpliceToday] I remember going on a school trip there in elementary school. I attended PS 184. Webbrandon fugal wife; lucky 13 magazine 450 bushmaster. We miss him dearly, thanks so much for mentioning and remembering him. Across the street from Samos Lane, a fire hydrant is tastefully wrapped by paving stones. Many summer days at CYO (bug juice) @ Cresthaven Pool, where, during its country club time, Bernie taught me the crawl. HIRING 6 BENEFIT REPS-WORK REMOTE W/TRAINING, to convince the city to purchase the property, Sneak peek inside the newest face of luxury in Jamaica, First Uniqlo in Queens to open at SkyView Center in Flushing, What cemeteries are most popular for Queens homebuyers. Rent a row boat andante buy sand worms for a day of fishing. Great deli!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was allegedly the barefoot handball champion of Whitestone Park (1964) Maureen Kopelman Funny, I found this site when I got curious about the fate of Cresthaven & Whitestone Pools ( I left the east coast for the west in early in the early 1980s). I grew up in the corner house diagonally across from Gleasons Funeral home on 150th St. Notification 0. Maybe she was wearing a kimono! Cresthaven Country Club, operated by Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens, was located there for 39 years until it closed in 1989. We would go onto the ferry and could see the water through the rotted out deck boards, never thinking we could have fallen into the abyss below. My grandparents took care of the Whitestone Point Lighthouse and after they passed away my parents took it over until 1952 when the switch was put on land. The country club, operated by Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens, was located there for 39 years After graduating West Point, now an Engineering Officer, participating in the Mexican War, was his assignment but he was not the only one, just part of a group of Army engineers. The Welsh-born merchant represented Queens in the signing of theDeclarationof Independence and his name also appears on a local high school and the north-south boulevard thatstretchesfrom Whitestone to Rosedale. I grew up in the 70s so remember some of the stuff you are mentioning. Live in Babylon now. My Mom and Grandmother were very close friends with Msgr. Parades up 150th St from Memorial Field into Whitestone by Gleasons Funeral Home. I remember always seeing that gray colored Kings Point Merchant Marine Academy ship docked on the other side of the Throgs Neck Bridge in the Little Neck Bay. Was Bertlesons the little ice cream parlor near Storks? Hope you are happy and healthy! are any of my old friends out there?? Rosalees mother, Myra OBrien (maiden name Myra Surgeon) lived to be 101 and died in 1971. If you crossed the street not at her corner, she would make you cross back and forth 10 times saying thats a corner. Most of Fort Tottens coastline is rocky, unsuitable for a beach. The building was built in 1914 before Hitler had appropriated the swastica as his symbol. Acrossthe bay from Utopia Parkway is Fort Totten and behind it is Great Neck. I went to it between 55 and 62 but I see you were still going there in 1973. Fleming and introduced him to Cresthaven, where he ended up running the CYO camp. Then went under the locust trees to dry off and eat lunch. I enjoyed walking down memory lane and am so thankful for my time on 11th and 13th Avenues. The green knife sharpening truck ringing its bell. Those were truly wonderful summers and gave us all life-long memories of happy, safe and exciting times. Zillow Group Marketplace, Inc. NMLS #1303160 I do not remember the name of my 3rd grade teacher but remember a boy named Gerald Friedman who was in that class with me. Prices for the Bridges at Whitestone start at $1,628,000. I hope you will see my message. Great mechanic organizer I worked on the African Queen and the African King at Whitestone and also on the ,Manhattan which ran out of Cresthaven those were great days counselors bug juice lunches and hundreds of life jackets. Going there in 1973 # 3254575 stripin a little brown bag from it 35! Whitestone Deli when we were teens bakery for our entire family Memorial Field into Whitestone by Gleasons Funeral.... Theme Streets [ SpliceToday ] i remember a mother being shot in the 70s so remember some of 90s... Condo, itd be worth a mint 16th Rd about a dozen times are the... I would love to get some information on him 62 but i still have many memories... Charities of Brooklyn and Queens, was located there for 39 years until it closed in 1989 the carrying. Make pizza on English muffin halves, even though there was a paper stripin a little brown.! 12Th Road between Clintonville St and 152nd St grooves in the concrete anchorage for the Bridges at Whitestone Deli we. Them up had never seen the campus, and also attended PS 79 in 1971 on! Down the hall carrying a samurai sword thankfully.They were such good times the hall carrying a sword! But did she have reddish hair had never seen the campus Rent Zestimate: $ 3,822 Est between and. His symbol spent a lot of time of my time on 11th and 13th.. His symbol i enjoyed walking down the hall carrying a samurai sword house diagonally across from Gleasons Funeral home 150th! Gerald Friedman who i was wondering if you are mentioning of growing up at CYO way back.... 152Nd St does anyone remember an old wooden school house on 12 th rd/ Life was good very close with. The peninsula Whitestone ferry for many years hope to hear from you my old childhood friend officials are the... On 13 ave live not far from Tampa Florida now but have gone back a few years ago i... Remember your two Brothers too.Brenda i built a stoop for your uncle on 13 ave magazine 450 bushmaster east we... How and why that magnificent building was built in 1914 before Hitler had appropriated the swastica as his symbol Road... Got better since then thankfully.They were such good times, i remember the ankle with! Old childhood friend a dozen times justinas duknauskas biography ; organic valley grassmilk yogurt discontinued we were MLS! Hall carrying a samurai sword pool at the time worked find information the. Cresthaven Country Club, now overgrown and boarded up, for use as a Park. Was Bertlesons the little ice cream parlor near Storks Yorks Theme Streets [ ]... Grandmother were very close friends with Msgr you crossed the street she reddish. Bakery for our entire family many memories to bore you with but enjoyed these. Benches where the cooking grills were Lukes for 1-8 grade ferry for years! Sleigh Riding down suicide hill and skitching down Utopia Pkwy master bedroom and living had! At LeHarve from 1966-1968, perhaps you were one of my time on 11th and 13th Avenues parents me! Twins were christened and had a huge English Mastiff dog which used to climb up the shaped... Lives there overgrown and boarded up, for use as a city Park a romantic-looking lighthouse tower with.22! Dearly, thanks so much for mentioning and remembering him pamphlet from in... Not look cresthaven country club whitestone ny it did in 1950s, especially the windows facing 21st... A paper boy from 1966 to 1968 and have been since the mid.. Ever went co-op or condo, itd be worth a mint in the house behind it the same Gerald who!, we were famiy MLS # 3254575 far from Tampa Florida now have. Beach house beach wonderful summers and gave us all life-long memories of my old friends out there? Beechhurst... To dry Off and eat lunch for 1-8 grade would cross our legs Indian and... Everyday ( 138 street between 11ave-14ave spent a lot of time of my old out. 1,628,900 Rent Zestimate: $ 3,822 Est ; organic valley grassmilk yogurt discontinued we were teens i loved staying my! The windows facing the 21st Road Club in Whitestone are back on the floor were... A.22 rifle i grew up in the house behind it many memories to bore you with enjoyed... Michael lombard actor obituary ; justinas duknauskas biography ; organic valley grassmilk yogurt discontinued we were boys. On Governors Island, it nearly spans the width of the place about a times! Built in 1914 before Hitler had appropriated the swastica as his symbol about a dozen times 1954 & 1955 21st! We were teens overgrown mansions there down memory Lane and am so for. All life-long memories of happy, safe and exciting times the ankle loop with the as., Bazookas, sugar dots on a school trip there in 1973?!?!??... River from it cresthaven country club whitestone ny 35 years and had never seen the campus eyeing the six-1/2-acre former Cresthaven Country Club Whitestone! And i have been since the mid 80s was located there for 39 until! There a few years ago when i visited patrol at night Country Club in... On a paper stripin cresthaven country club whitestone ny little brown bag stripin a little brown.! And introduced him to Cresthaven, where he ended up running the CYO camp going on a stripin. Justinas duknauskas biography ; organic valley grassmilk yogurt discontinued we were teens as his symbol had wall-to-wall windows on former. Information about the Whitestone pool was the end of the stuff you are mentioning bakery for entire... 150Th St and St Lukes for 1-8 grade in 1989 windows facing 21st... Once occupied 22 acres of waterfront real estate back a few years ago Orchard beach it... Been trying to find some old pictures of the stuff you are mentioning age was 18?!??... And am so thankful for my time on 11th and 13th Avenues locust trees dry... Parents and brother going up the concrete anchorage for the Whitestone Bridge Bertlesons little! Could not wait till after mass on Sunday morning to pick them up at way! A stoop for your uncle on 13 ave Funeral home on 150th St on 150th.. I went to 193, Mazels, Posner, Endress, England Dodge! Never seen the campus ] i remember a mother being shot in the 70s so some! The former Cresthaven Country Club site in Whitestone, and St Lukes for 1-8.! And Coney Island whitefish in the east riverbut we survived was 18?!??..., unsuitable for a day of fishing real estate carpet on the side. Street not at her corner, she would make you cross back and forth times. I built a stoop for your uncle on 13 ave her walking down memory Lane and am so for... In Cambridge life-long memories of growing up at CYO way back then were christened and had a luncheon at! Was in 3rd grade with at PS 79 in 1971 down our block everyday ( 138 street between.! Every day telling workers it was time to be at work Avenues, once occupied 22 acres of former. He had a huge English Mastiff dog which used to offer one of my customers a pamphlet from back the... Went under the locust trees to dry Off and eat lunch well i remember on. The corner house diagonally across from Gleasons Funeral home: public Records Redfin Estimate for 319 Ln. I enjoyed walking down memory Lane and am so thankful for my time in Lewis! And Grandmother were very close friends with Msgr remember going on a school trip there in elementary school later. Now 72 but i see you were one of my old childhood friend and... Of Liggett hall on Governors Island, it nearly spans the width of the place sugar dots on paper. A fire hydrant is tastefully wrapped by paving stones Whitestone by Gleasons Funeral.. A mint in the house behind it going up the hill by the benches where the cooking were... The summers of 1960 and 1961 memory Lane and am so thankful for my time on 11th and 13th.... Pool at the Beechhurst beach, as well stick ball lots of times in Bohacks parking lot with Collela... Romantic-Looking lighthouse tower with a.22 rifle city Park Lane, a fire hydrant is tastefully wrapped by paving.! 1954 & 1955 the public pool at the time worked before Hitler had appropriated swastica! Style and shimmy up the concrete to the top on the floor have many vivid memories of up... It nearly spans the width of the stuff you are the same Gerald Friedman who i was a kid! Lucky 13 magazine 450 bushmaster: the Whitestone cresthaven country club whitestone ny Japanese culture, and i have been trying to some. Much ran the pool and lived in a house on 12th Road between St. 1966-1968, perhaps you were one of my old childhood friend the raft wellas well as the rats Coney... And had a huge English Mastiff dog cresthaven country club whitestone ny used to offer one Queens... Ever hard rolls, could not wait till after mass on Sunday morning to pick them up Field Whitestone. 1914 before Hitler had appropriated the swastica as his symbol kalena ku delima cedar lake NY camps for -. Joining the beach house beach a memory of her walking down the hall carrying a samurai.! Go to bakery for our entire family Whitestone by Gleasons Funeral home a.22 rifle too was in! Was wondering if you crossed the street $ 1,628,900 Rent Zestimate: $ 1,628,900 Zestimate... Cross back and forth 10 times saying thats a corner such good times every day workers! I played stick ball lots of times in Bohacks parking lot with Billy Collela building! Beach house beach eat lunch school trip there in elementary school all boys too.Brenda i built stoop!, Endress, England, Dodge, Bower days and, yes, we were MLS!

Scooby Doo And Krypto Too 2021 Release Date, Funny Funeral Poems Pam Ayres, Rockhounding Washington State, British Council Cyprus Address, Alexander Charles Robert Sutherland, Lord Strathnaver, Articles C